Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Has anyone experienced this? 48 year old Autistic daughter
I have a 48 year old Autistic daughter non-verbal. She has decided to not wear underwear. She is incontinent of urine. She lives at home with me and has 24 hour care. Her staff and I are at the end of our minds. We have tried everything to get her to wear her underwear. Her motivators are food or going out in the community. We have tried both and neither have been successful. Has anyone here experienced this with their loved one? If so did you ever find an answer? Forcing is not the answer as she rips them and her clothes off screaming and yelling. Thank you for any suggestions they will be greatly appreciated.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.