Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Diagnosed with hEDS but I can’t stop thinking that it’s just in my head
I was just diagnosed by my family doctor yesterday with hEDS and it just can’t be possible I’m fine I’m 17 and yeah I seem to get injured a lot but it’s not that bad I played football for three years and non stop weight lifting for those years and it seems like my body just gave out the pain seems to just get worse but I can’t stop thinking that it’s just in my head.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.