Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Child element

pigeon55pigeon55 Member Posts: 116 Courageous
Lost my child element of uc last year when my daughter left full time education. When she goes to university and has a part time job. Will my child element be reintroduced. 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    No unfortunately not because university is not classed as full time non advanced education. She will be classed as a non dependent.

    She needs to look at student loans because this is how students attending university are able to support theirself.

    If she claims this and works then she will be able to contribute to the household, if she's still living at home.

    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • pigeon55pigeon55 Member Posts: 116 Courageous
    Thank you for your advice. 
Sign in or join us to comment.