Education and learning
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Open University and LCWRA/Universal Credit

seanmurray1987seanmurray1987 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello,

I hope to finish my degree at The Open University and believe I can do part-time study and claim Universal Credit. I am unable to work due to long-term sickness/disability (bipolar disorder) and in the LCWRA group/element of Universal Credit. Does anybody have any expertise or similar stories in how studying will affect my benefits if I decide to go forward? I know Universal Credit is complex and confusing, so any help provided is appreciated. Feel free to ask me any questions too.

Sean

Replies

• chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,897 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @seanmurray1987 - & welcome to the community, Sean. I'm pleased you've joined as, altho I don't have an answer for you, I'm sure my friend @poppy123456 will be able to help as she has a great knowledge about benefits.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Students and benefits are very complex and for this reason you should speak to the Open University and they will advise you.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.