Open University and LCWRA/Universal Credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Open University and LCWRA/Universal Credit

seanmurray1987
seanmurray1987 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello,

I hope to finish my degree at The Open University and believe I can do part-time study and claim Universal Credit. I am unable to work due to long-term sickness/disability (bipolar disorder) and in the LCWRA group/element of Universal Credit. Does anybody have any expertise or similar stories in how studying will affect my benefits if I decide to go forward? I know Universal Credit is complex and confusing, so any help provided is appreciated. Feel free to ask me any questions too.

Sean

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @seanmurray1987 - & welcome to the community, Sean. I'm pleased you've joined as, altho I don't have an answer for you, I'm sure my friend @poppy123456 will be able to help as she has a great knowledge about benefits.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Students and benefits are very complex and for this reason you should speak to the Open University and they will advise you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness