Hi, my name is CathC! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is CathC!


  • CathC
    CathC Member Posts: 3 Listener
    I’ve just had my pip tribunal after 14 months and have been awarded standard rate on both. Since my assessment in October 2018 my condition has deteriorated due to spinal problems and walking is agony. The MRI for this was after my assessment and because I had to wait so long for my tribunal I’m sure it wasn’t considered at my tribunal. The mobility component was based on my other illnesses which do affect my mobility but this problem is degenerative. There was no mention of my spinal problem.Shall I contact DWP to advise them or just carry on?Thanks in advance.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

    I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

    Great news on the PIP award. They would only take into consideration what your condition was like at the time the original decision was made. This means that your worsening of condition wouldn't have been considered.

    If you report changes to DWP now, you will be sent more forms to fill in and return with all your evidence. Another face to face assessment is most likely and you could end up losing everything you've already got. A worsening of condition doesn't mean you'll score more points for a higher award.
  • CathC
    CathC Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you, that’s what I thought .
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,945 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @CathC let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.