Hi, my name is CathC! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is CathC!

CathC
CathC Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Comments

• CathC
    I’ve just had my pip tribunal after 14 months and have been awarded standard rate on both. Since my assessment in October 2018 my condition has deteriorated due to spinal problems and walking is agony. The MRI for this was after my assessment and because I had to wait so long for my tribunal I’m sure it wasn’t considered at my tribunal. The mobility component was based on my other illnesses which do affect my mobility but this problem is degenerative. There was no mention of my spinal problem.Shall I contact DWP to advise them or just carry on?Thanks in advance.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

Great news on the PIP award. They would only take into consideration what your condition was like at the time the original decision was made. This means that your worsening of condition wouldn't have been considered.

If you report changes to DWP now, you will be sent more forms to fill in and return with all your evidence. Another face to face assessment is most likely and you could end up losing everything you've already got. A worsening of condition doesn't mean you'll score more points for a higher award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CathC
    Thank you, that’s what I thought .
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @CathC let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.