I need new flooring, any financial help available? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need new flooring, any financial help available?

Options
A_bc123456
A_bc123456 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm a single mum and I am in pip and esa I have been in my property for 3yrs and have no flooring recently soial services have been in mine and my daughter life I can't afford flooring and need some help please 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

There maybe some charities that could help you with some funding for a grant for carpets/flooring. Some links here may help you by putting your post code in. https://grants-search.turn2us.org.uk/

Your local council may also do grants for things like this but it will depend on individual local councils and you'll need to speak to them regarding this.

As you're claiming ESA then there's a budgeting loan you can apply for, providing you've been claiming Income Related ESA for at least 6 months. As you have a child then the maximum you can apply for is £812 but any other budgeting loans will affect the amount you can borrow. This needs to be repaid back from future ESA payments but it's interest free. Apply online is the quicket way. See link.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • A_bc123456
    A_bc123456 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your email 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @A_bc123456. How are you getting on? Have you been able to find any grants or charities that can help you with this? It might be worth speaking with the social services team you're involved with as they may have other ideas for help in your area.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.