Statement Of Reasons — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Statement Of Reasons

Hi. I wonder if someone could give me advice. I sent away for a statement of reasons. They replied but I'm unsure of what to do next. 
It states 'the Tribunal's decision was favourable to you. At present the Dept has not decided to challenge that decision. Once a statement of reasons is prepared it will be sent to all parties and it may be open to the Dept to challenge the decision and have it set aside'. 
All I wanted was a sor. It sounds like blackmail. It me so long to get the award I'm not sure I could risk it being taken away. If I hadn't lost the sdp I wouldn't bother. 
Any help would be much appreciated. 
TeddyB22 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,694 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

As the Tribunal went in your favour and you were happy with the decision, was there any reason why you requested the SOR? it's very unusual to to request this if you're happy with the decision. It's such a lot of work for a Judge to write this and if you were happy, it makes no sense why you would want the SOR.

DWP have as much right to appeal a decision as we have but they can only do this if an error in law has been found. Once the SOR has been received they have 1 month to appeal. All you can do is wait.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.

Online employment support

Support to Work is an online and telephone support programme for disabled people who are looking for work.