Statement Of Reasons — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Statement Of Reasons

TeddyB22
TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi. I wonder if someone could give me advice. I sent away for a statement of reasons. They replied but I'm unsure of what to do next. 
It states 'the Tribunal's decision was favourable to you. At present the Dept has not decided to challenge that decision. Once a statement of reasons is prepared it will be sent to all parties and it may be open to the Dept to challenge the decision and have it set aside'. 
All I wanted was a sor. It sounds like blackmail. It me so long to get the award I'm not sure I could risk it being taken away. If I hadn't lost the sdp I wouldn't bother. 
Any help would be much appreciated. 
TeddyB22 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,921 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

As the Tribunal went in your favour and you were happy with the decision, was there any reason why you requested the SOR? it's very unusual to to request this if you're happy with the decision. It's such a lot of work for a Judge to write this and if you were happy, it makes no sense why you would want the SOR.

DWP have as much right to appeal a decision as we have but they can only do this if an error in law has been found. Once the SOR has been received they have 1 month to appeal. All you can do is wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.