Re applying end of tribunal awarded pip — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Re applying end of tribunal awarded pip

jada86 Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I was wondering anyone could help me?
My tribunal awarded pip claim is about to end and I am having to re apply I was awarded standard rate daily living and standard mobility two years ago it was backdated for the year that I had been going through the whole process. I have complex ptsd I am unable to use public transport or go out alone shopping and to appointments I don’t answer the door if I am not expecting anyone. I have a letter to send to from my doctor requesting a home visit. I had a esa assessment at home a couple of months ago and needed some tablets from my doctor to help calm me down. due to severe anxiety and panic attacks I also have depression I need help with making big budgeting decisions have use one of my mums bank accounts to pay my bills out of in the past I got myself in a lot of debt because I find dealing with company’s very stressful and often confusing. I find these situations extremely stressful and they trigger my ptsd having to keep explaining to people why I am the way I am and how it effects me. I am doing a weight management programme to hopefully lead to weight loss surgery. Part of the programme is 6 sessions with a phycologist she has offered to write me a supporting letter for my new pip claim but has asked me to find out exactly what I need her to explain to help my case with them my mental health has always had an effect with my relationship with food. I am on waiting lists for intense cbt therapy and sexual abuse therapy. I have also been advised by my re think support worker to write down the issues I face because of my weight and how that effects me on the pip form this time the last time I was trying to claim i put on 2 1/2 stone in the year it took through stress eating . I hope I have explained myself well enough. 

Many thanks  

Jada x


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,627 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

    I have read your post a few times and it's not clear exactly which activity you're referring to. I'm assuming that because your psychologist has offered to write you a supporting letter then it's regarding activity 2 "taking nutrition" is that correct? if so then in my opinion it's unlikely you will score any points in this activity unless you have an eating disorder and you need prompting to be able to eat. A therapeutic source means parenteral or enteral tube feeding using a device, such as a delivery system or feed pump.

    For the other activities that apply to you then you need to give as much information as possible and include a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

    This link will help you have more understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

  • jada86
    jada86 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi poppy thank you and thank you for your reply. I don’t think I explained myself properly. Re nutrition I was just trying to give an overview on the programme I am taking part in at the hospital weight management. My weight is a big issue that causes me lots of pain but the main problems are ptsd depression and anxiety that stops me leaving the house alone, I need lots of support from close friends and family when making big budgeting  decisions and reminding to take medication, pay bills etc. I was awarded standard daily living and standard mobility because of this at a tribunal. My phycologist knows the problems I face and why I have these issues so has offered me a supporting letter to go with my re application but didn’t want to miss anything she should write regarding this. Hope this helps 

    many thanks 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.