ESA recording advice needed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

ESA recording advice needed

Hi I'm new here and really need help.
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I recieved a esa review form.
I filled it out and requested that I wish my assesment to be recorded. I also stated that should no recording equipment be available I could use my own recording equipment. I recieved an appointment 2 weeks later. I emailed maximus to confirm the assesment would be recorded. 2 days later they cancelled the assessment saying they would contact me again for another appointment. I asked why they cancelled they said they didnt have recording equipment on the day the appointment would be. I wrote a complaint that why distress people and get them worked up at having an appointment only for it to be cancelled over the lack of recording facilities. I stated that because I had requested it on the form that should count as a request for it to be recorded , so they should of sent an appointment when the equipment was available. The Manager replied that I have to request it to the centre of health and disability. Isnt the form sent to the centre of health and disability? I'm confused. Also they said I can not use 2 cassete recorders as one could fail Also the equipment has to have dual recording facilities. Is this true. Sorry for the long ramble 



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.