Advice on pip assesment report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on pip assesment report

Options
ipp2375
ipp2375 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hi i have been reading comments on peoples reports.
I recieved my copy of my report, and alot of the infomation in it is inaccurate,my claim started on 6th october 2019, And my 1st assesment was cancelled as they said i was too unwell to be assesed, so they re arranged  another assesment at my home.
Im still waiting on a decision on my claim.
But now i know the information on my report is inaccurate do i contact them and say or do i just leave it and wait for my letter to say i was unsuccessful?
I never moved off the chair during my assesment,and the lady didnt go anywere apart from my livingroom and she has wrote i can cook myself as i have light weight utensils.And said she watched me walk over 50 metres but less than 200 with no pain. And i can climb in and out the bath myself, And i stood and touched my toes.Im 44 and havent been able to touch my toes in years, and that has nothing to do with my illness.
I dont want to annoy them,but the i information isnt right.
Thankyou for your time

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Have you looked for the dots next to the activities/descriptors to see what score may have been recommended? If you haven't then i'd advise you to do this and check against the PIP descriptors online. Using the PIP self test is much easier.

They usually go with the report and rarely go against it. You will need to wait for a decision to made, once it has if you disagree then you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR.

When writing the MR i'd advise you not to mention any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because you can't prove what did or didn't happen during the assessment. You will need to write where and why you think you should have scored those points. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Send relevant evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ipp2375
    ipp2375 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    Hi i have fibromyalgia and servere migraines. 
    I was sent for an assessment for pip, i called and asked could i have a home visit?and was told no, i get to the appointment  and get called in and was told i was to unwell to be assesed.They then gave me a home assesment, during this time i got get a letter to say i have to go for an assesment for universal credits, i call and ask for home visit, and was refused again, so off i go to the assesment again.And the lady assured me she wasny gonna put me in anymore pain than im oviously am just now,i was so happy lol.
    Today i get told im refused pip on daily living and mobility. And got an email from universal credits have accepted.and i am not fit for work or fit to do anything to get work.
    I dont know what to do, as the assesment lady for pip seemed such a lovely and i have just read her report and there is alot of things very untrue. She even said i could touch my toes, i havent been able to touch my toes for years .
    Thankyou in advance for any advice
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ipp2375, sorry about the PIP decision. Have you considered appealing the decision? 

You have 1 month from when you received the decision to request a mandatory reconsideration. This is done by giving three or four real life examples of how you do meet the criteria. It is important to focus on this rather than any inaccuracies that are in the report. 

You can submit this online which is the quickest, but you can also write a letter.

Here is more information about the appeal process.

Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything we can do to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.