What style and make of headphones do you find most comfortable? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What style and make of headphones do you find most comfortable?

JenCo
JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
Having a BAHA fitted only a few months ago I'm finding chatter in my open office a bit much so music is a nice mental break. Without my BAHA I'm quite hard of hearing but can get by (just about).
I'd love to invest in good headphones so I can listen to music at work. How do you prefer to listen to music? Whatever style I go for I think noise cancelling would be a good idea so I don't overcompensate and pump the volume up too much... as I tend to do now... I'm worried that will do more harm than good. If they're noise-cancelling I can plug in and just zone out even if I don't put music on which will help with my vestibular disorder. What do you do?

Would love advice and feedback in the comments. 
Thanks

What style and make of headphones do you find most comfortable? 5 votes

In ear (ear buds)
0%
On ear headphones
0%
Over ear headphones
100%
[Deleted User]GeoarkChloe_ScopeAilslostone87 5 votes
Other
0%

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Over ear headphones
    Hi @Jenco, thanks for posting this.  I can appreciate how you would want to listen to music at work as this keeps you going and is quite soothing too.  I used to enjoy music at work myself, but just used to put the radio on quite low as I was in an office myself.  I don't use headphones anymore, but used to at home and favoured the over ear ones.  My husband likes his headphones and uses the over ear ones too.  Not sure what make they are though, would need to ask him and post again.  I think if I was still working and wanted to use headphones at work, I might prefer the ear buds ones though like the ones you get with an Ipod or MP3 player.  I'm sure others will have suggestions too.  Hope you find something suitable though.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Over ear headphones
    HI @JenCo

I did buy a cheap pair with noise cancelling. They did cut a lot of the noise down, but this simply meant I could hear what people were saying around me a lot clearer. It also affected the quality of the music when trying to listen to music.

I did find a better pair, but rather expensive. Decided not to buy them, where I live I might as well stick a sign on my head to invite people to mug me.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Over ear headphones
    I got some Beats for free when I bought an iPad as it was the student offer at the time. I have wanted some headphones like that for ages and I really wasn't disappointed. They are wireless and connect via bluetooth which means I can easily wear them solely for noise cancelling when I need to.. :)
    Scope

• JenCo
    JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Thank you everyone, this is really helpful. If I'm honest, I'm not as interested in sound quality as I am in, as politely as possible, muting my office ? So there's great advice here on noise cancelling. Thanks all
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Both my daughters have beats headphones and i've used them several times. I must admit i love them and find them very comfortable on the ears, they are also very light too. When i go back to my cheaper headphones they really hurt my ears.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.