PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Representarive

bevvy1966bevvy1966 Member Posts: 77 Connected
Hi, my trubrunal is coming up in over a week.. I've added a extra person to come with me, but can u remove the person who is originally down! If I do this will it effect my claim

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,183 Disability Gamechanger
    HI @bevvy1966 Welcome to the community I am a community champion here. Sorry I don't have the specific answer to your query but will tag in someone who will @poppy123456. I would give the tribunal court a call and ask the question 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

By a representative do you mean someone from an advice centre or do you mean someone that will just go with you on the day, like a family member or friend? There's a difference between the 2. A representative will present your case but anyone else will just be there with you for support.  Either way, i believe it doesn't matter if you take someone other than the person you put down on the form.

If this person isn't your appointee then you will need to answer all the questions yourself.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,984 Disability Gamechanger
    Here’s a link to something I have posted previously on what representation involves and who can do it.

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/56379/representation-and-tribunal-hearings#latest

Frankly, with one week to go, you’re not giving your new representative much possibility of being able to do the job properly and so, yes, it may well impact the outcome of your appeal. That could be positive or negative. Impossible to say as it depends on the complexity of the case; the availability of the new rep and so on. 

The tribunal may also want to know why HMCTS weren’t notified of any change in advance and would not unreasonably be sceptical of any claimant who struggles to give a coherent explanation as to why they made such a change and why they especially did it so late in the day. 
  • bevvy1966bevvy1966 Member Posts: 77 Connected
    I'll just leave it has it is, but my rep cannot speak for me anyway, apparently
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    A rep is there to present your case. The only person that knows how your conditions affect you is yourself.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • bevvy1966bevvy1966 Member Posts: 77 Connected
    Ok, am just going to leave it the way it is, just hopefully my representative will be well enough on the day, has she goes in hospital on the Friday, only for minor surgery, she will be out same day 
Sign in or join us to comment.