Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is janjan67!
Hi everyone my daughter had her pip assessment Tuesday and the assessor made out she was our friend and wanted to help us get the points we deserved But we felt she was pushing all the time for my daughter to say she could do this and that. Daughter has Fibromialgia,PoTs,Heds/Hsd,chronicfatigue,hearing loss and Mcas among other issues. Assessor asked if she could cook a meal daughter said can't because joints subilcating pain and fatigue,then asked but surely you can make bowl cereal,what if mum had flu? Daughter said yes she could. But to be fair she is in bed 15 hrs plus a day suffers so much with pain fatigue that everything is an effort for her,so yes nearly all the time her food wether cooked or not is prepared for her. She doesn't have good days anymore as her conditions have gotten worse only bad and worst days. She is 23 yrs old and don't they think of she was able would love to do things her peers do working going out etc. Breaks my heart and I fear she will be took off pip even though she been on it 4yrs.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.