Pip assessor lied — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessor lied

Maza33
Maza33 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Anyone help me 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Maza33 Hello and welcome to the community, I am a community champion here. What do you need help with ?. From your post title I presume you have had a PIP assessment and decision and think the assessment isn't correct. The next stage is to request a MR which will be detailed in your decision letter, you have 1 month from the decision in order to request this. Most MR do not change the decision and then go to tribunal. When completing your MR give details of the descriptors you disagree with and why, what happens when you try to do this task etc. Saying that the assessor lied will not enhance your appeal just focus on the descriptors you think you should have scored points for and why you think so, also any further evidence you can supply. If you have any other questions please come back to us. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US UPDATED 
  • Maza33
    I had help from citezans advice filling in my form and then when I went to my assessment,the assessor basically played everything down and didn’t give me chance to explain. She gave me 0 for everything. I’m waiting on final decision but i know it will be a NO
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Let's hope it isn't a no but once you have the decision you can do the MR if required. 
  • Maza33
    It will be a no because they go by assessors report.?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

They mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it although it has been known.

Once a decision's been made you'll have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those. Any complaints should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Most MR decisions remain the same so you'll likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times are huge in most areas and lots of people are waiting about a year for a hearing date.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @Maza33 - you say that you weren't given chance to explain....if you ask for a mandatory reconsideration (the next step) then concentrate on the things that you wanted to say but didn't, if these add to your case...

Give further examples of how your condition affects you...don't bother too much about what the assessor has to say...
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    cristobal said:
    @Maza33 - you say that you weren't given chance to explain....if you ask for a mandatory reconsideration (the next step) then concentrate on the things that you wanted to say but didn't, if these add to your case...

This is where a lot of people make the mistake of not adding all the information on the form and expect to be able to tell them everything during the assessment. There's never enough of time to do this during the assessment so information isn't given.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.