Autism research on parenting, happiness and Autism — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism research on parenting, happiness and Autism

AnnaLewucha
AnnaLewucha Community member Posts: 2 Listener

I’m a mum of a child with Autism working towards my Master’s degree in Autism at the University of Strathclyde and I designed a simple online questionnaire as a part of my dissertation.

I would like to invite parents/guardians to share anonymously their experiences of how they see their child’s happiness expressed. If you are interested, please contact me on my student email: anna.stopinska-lewucha.2016@uni.strath.ac.uk

Thank you

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AnnaLewucha

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to have today ?

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I will forward your post onto one of our members who should be able to offer you some help/advice.

Hi @Adrian_Scope

I hope that you can offer me some help/advice with this post????

Many thanks.

@steve51

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Thanks for sharing this @AnnaLewucha and good luck with your research.
    To make this accessible as possible to our members, would you be able to provide the text from your image separately below so that our members who are using screenreaders can also participate?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • AnnaLewucha
    AnnaLewucha Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited February 2020

Hi Adrian, thank you for your help :) I pasted my advert below. Anna 

Research Study Advert

“I just want my child to be happy”. An exploration of parental understanding of happiness of their autistic child.

Volunteers Needed

For a research study to explore how parents see happiness in their autistic child

Are you a parent who:

• Has a child with a diagnosis of Autism?
    • Is interested in sharing a photo representing your child’s happiness?
    • Is interested in sharing how you see and promote your child’s happiness and how you advocate it to others?

If you have answered ‘yes’ to all of these questions you may want to take part in this research study.

You will be asked to complete a simple online questionnaire, which will take approximately 30 minutes. This questionnaire will focus on how you see happiness in your child and we will ask you to upland a photograph that represents happiness in/for your child. If you are interested in participating in this study, please, contact me via e-mail for further information.

Researcher: Anna Stopinska-Lewucha

Email: anna.stopinska-lewucha.2016@uni.strath.ac.uk

Chief Investigator: Dr Anna Robinson
    E-mail: anna.robinson@strath.ac.uk

This investigation was granted ethical approval by the School of Education Ethics Committee
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.

Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.