ESA appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

ESA appeal

Benistmonk Member Posts: 343 Pioneering
Hi all,
Thanks to the gov taking away our legal aid and buying off the CAB, I had to submit my own appeal this time, Dec 2018 benefit stopped after sham medical assessment by an unqualified HCP. My case was heard at tribunal on 6th Feb 2020

Some people on here said I should not take issue with the HCP report, but I couldn't let it go, I had to point out the lies in the report, the physical tests she said I had done which didn't happen, the total BS written about me in general. I had to say something about it. Whether it helped my case or not, I don't know. Put it this way, I won my case and not only that, I was put in the SG for the first time and now get more money than I was getting in WRAG. 

The other thing I didn't do, even though I was advised to do this, was I didn't claim UC pending ESA appeal, that would have ended my ESA claim on the spot, I stuck with my original ESA claim to the bitter end. The end result was, all the arrears were paid the following week into my bank ac. And as my ESA claim was before 2017 I still get the higher rate of ESA. 

The funny thing is, I don't feel anything, I should be happy that I won, again, yes I have been through the appeals process 5 or 6 times now, but I am not happy. I guess it is due to how depressed we all get when faced with a regime that never lets up, keeps raising the bar, making it impossible to score any points. An unlawful regime that punishes people for being ill and leaves them without benefit that they are entitled to by law to live on. 

Try not to get too morbid about it, chin up and all that and pity the people who can't fight for themselves, they are the ones who really suffer under this regime. 



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.