Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Lack of housing
I have spent many years trying to find my daughter who is 26 has Cerebral Palsy and is a wheelchair user adapted supported housing locally - Epping Forest Essex. We have been met by no knowledge of such from social workers and the local MP. Having spent hours looking online for such housing what it has revealed is what is available is for clients with learning disabilities , supported by their relevant charities/organisations. There is no such provision for young people with physical disabilities. Scope providing advice is of no help , we have exhausted all avenues. The community forum continually repeats the same issues. Scope needs to campaign for or help fund such establishments as do other organisations for clients with learning or behavioural issues. Practical help is what is required not advice, empowerment will not happen if what we seek is just not there!
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.