Hi, my name is Clairejbo! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Clairejbo!

Clairejbo
Clairejbo Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I’m new here and just wanted to say hi everyone x

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Clairejbo how are you doing today? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Clairejbo
    Hi @Ami2301
    I am not currently doing too well. But thank you for asking. I have been referred here and I’m hoping I can talk to some like minded people. 
    How are you doing today? xx
  • Ami2301
    Sorry to hear this @Clairejbo if you feel comfortable sharing with us then we will support you as much as we can and advise to the best of our ability :) I'm okay thank you, just keeping inside in the warm :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Clairejbo - Welcome to the community from me too. Thank you for joining. I'm sorry you're not doing well at the moment. Most of us here have varying disorders, or are looking after an affected relative. Perhaps there will be someone here that has similar problems to yourself. I've also often found that altho we have different disorders, there is often much that we have in common.
    As Ami says, please do let us know if there's any way in which we can support you. :)
  • Clairejbo
    Thank you @Ami2301 & @chiarieds

I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and although I pretty much knew that’s what it was it just seems to have hit me like a brick. I’ve not been coping too well this last week with the pain and I feeling so low at the moment. There are lots of other factors to me feeling low but this on top has just pushed me too far. ? I’ll snap out of it eventually I’m sure. But I just needed to vent today xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Clairejbo welcome to the community there are lots members here who have the same condition as you . Feel free to vent anytime. Hope you feel better soon 
  • Ami2301
    It's one thing being convinced that we have a condition, to then being diagnosed and seeing it in black and white. It will take time to accept this, but pace yourself - we will always be here if you need to talk about how you're feeling or if you just want a chat. Accepting a diagnosis does get easier when you start finding the best ways that will help you :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Clairejbo and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.  I can appreciate how upsetting this must be for you as it is a lot to take in.  You will get there though and will be fine I'm sure.  We are all here for you on the Community and as @Ami2301 says, there is always someone here if you need to talk.  Just try to take one day at a time.  Please take care and let us know how you are getting on.  If we can be of help in any way to you then you only just have to ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    edited February 2020
    Thank you for saying more @Clairejbo - I hope that Ami, Ails & Jane have helped. Whilst I don't have fibromyalgia, the pain I have due to having the hypermobile type of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, has been likened to this. Between us all I hope you know that we all just want to help you through this difficult time of taking onboard a diagnosis & trying to 'cope' with it.
    Within this friendly & supportive community, we all share & care for each other, so I'm very pleased you have joined us all. Please don't hesitate to talk here any time as Ami & Ails have said there's usually someone here. :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Hello @Clairejbo   Sorry to hear you not well.

I am one of the team of Community Champions on the forum, please if I can advise consider the advice my friends have given you.

Please can I also add in these difficult times you can speak this organisation for any support, information and advice.

They deal with Fibromyalgia.

https://www.fmauk.org.

Helpline 0300 999 3333

Please can I add the following mental health charities.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

There are useful informative if you wish to talk to some one if your getting depressed or feel anxious.

All offer floating support, advice on well being and health and in circumstances like this situation, having the condition and possible depression, anxiety.

I also used them myself, useful in signposting relevant support and benefit advice, guidance, information.

Please if you have any question happy to answer. One important aspect of fibromyalgia I would seek the advice of the Community Health Unit.

Your County Council offers a wellbeing service looking at diet and nutrition.

Often useful using an exclusion diary can be beneficial knowing which foods are safe and which can cause problems.

Understands you need reassurance and confidence, self esteem to cope.

You have made the first important step joining this community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Clairejbo
    Thank you all for your kind words and helpful comments. It means a lot. I will definitely be looking into these suggestions you’ve made. I am feeling a lot better today. Just some the pain seems to override everything and I am beginning to think I may be depressed as well as have some anxiety issues. Sometimes all it takes is a few people who are willing to listen instead of judging. So thank you again xx
  • chiarieds
    Hi @Clairejbo - I'm pleased to read today is a better day for you. We are always pleased to listen to you, no matter how you feel. thespiceman's suggestions are certainly worth looking into as he's helped so many people, so I hope you find them helpful. :)

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Clairejbo. Just wanted to welcome you to the community and see how you're doing today? :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • KellyCornwall
    KellyCornwall Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    welcome to the group, I am also new here and am hoping to get support from all these lovely people.

• Clairejbo
    Hi @Adrian_Scope thank you and not great to be honest. I have good days and then it’s back to being so down I don’t know how to cope. I’ve never been what I would call depressed before and so it’s not a nice feeling or easy to come to terms with. The dr has given me tablets but I really don’t want to rely on tablets to alter my mood. So I am undecided. Besides that he took the fibromyalgia diagnosis and told me he’d like to start from the beginning with it all. So I’m back to square one. ?

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Clairejbo    Sorry to hear not good . Please can I ask did you contact any of the information I provided.?

The mental health charities are there to help having depression is a struggle as any mental illness is.

By accessing help and support you can cope. Mentioned GP meds these can be an issue if not used to.

Can take various reviews and consultations with GP.  Some do not wish to know so put your meds on certain ones they have always done for every patient coming through the door.

With mental health usually Mirtazapine or others can be Amitriptyline, Nefazodone, Fluoxetine, Fluvoxamine.

For depression.

Anxiety Sertraline all have side effects please read leaflet with meds or look on web NHS website.

One of the reason why I gave the links is because in this situation you are in right now, simply not coping you need some one to support you.

Depression comes with not a set of rules but if the situation like this with your GP.  Having a support worker to help you be in attendance speak on your behalf helps enormously.

Understand very much the symptoms of depression here to help.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Clairejbo
    Hi @thespiceman
    I am sorry no I didn’t contact any of them. To be perfectly honest I just haven’t had the time. I’m homeschooling my two children at the moment due to a bullying issue at the school they were in.
    The first dr prescribed me amitriptyline and I took them for about two weeks and it just made everything worse so I stopped those. My dr has prescribed me setraline. He also wanted to prescribe me sleeping tablets. I said no because of the kids. But I haven’t taken the setraline either. I just don’t want to rely on medication. Or struggle with coming off of them. I have a husband who is very loving and caring but he just doesn’t understand me right now. I’m not sure even I do. I will be going back to the drs soon anyway so hopefully he can do something else for me. In the meantime I will try to contact those links you sent if I get a spare five minutes. 
    Thanks Claire 
  • Ails
    Hi @Clairejbo, sorry to hear you are still struggling, but glad to hear you are going back to see your GP and yes, looking into @thespiceman's links would be good for you as he really know what he is talking about when it comes to mental health and I am sure these organisations can help you.  Sorry also to hear about your children being bullied.  I hope the school is dealing with this.  Good luck with the home schooling also.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  We are all here for you on the Community so please chat to us anytime as there will always be someone here to listen.  I hope you feel better soon.  Please take care and all the best.  :smile:
  • Ails
    Hi @KellyCornwall and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and look forward to seeing you on here.  If there is anything we can do to help/support you then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.