Just filled out a change off circumstances form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just filled out a change off circumstances form

Toffee
Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all. 
It's the dreaded time again
So much stress 
Any nice stories to tell
To brighten my day 
Xxx

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ Toffee, hello, are you having to have a reassecment for pip? You didn't say, if so then treat it as a new application for pip and answer and send upto date surporting evidence copied with your application form. 
  • Toffee
    Yes thank you wilko it's a reassessment form. I will do ty 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Toffee Hello and welcome to the community nice to see you here. You said it was a change of circumstances in your title which I presume has triggered the review . What was the reason for the change ? I had my review last year and was very successful, I ended up with just a phone call to ask few questions and was given a higher award (my conditions had got worse). I know this isn't the normal and most face a f2f assessment, but there are some happy stories as well as all the bad, but of course we don't hear as much about those as they have no need to come to a forum. Good luck hope it all goes well for you keep us updated
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Best of luck @Toffee.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Toffee
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed for you @Toffee
    Scope

• Toffee
    Hi been 3 weeks 6days no news as yet all xx
  • Jay1969
    Jay1969 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    @Toffee
    My dad had his Change of Circumstances F2F at the end of November 2019 and we are still waiting for a decision!!
    Although I got a copy of the report which was 100% true about my dads condition and they’ve recommended Enhanced on both but we still haven’t got a decision yet. DWP are saying it now takes 12-14 weeks (We are on the 12th week now) for a decision to come through as NEW applications for PIP take precedence over Change Of Circumstances!!
    So we’re still waiting for the award letter and it hasn’t arrived as yet but shouldn’t be long now.....
  • Toffee
    Jay1969 hi wow that is long I hope it comes for you soon. Looks like am in for a long wait 
  • Jay1969
    @Toffee
    Maybe it depends on the city you live in? I’m in Birmingham and it has been a long wait. My dad suffers from epilepsy, PTSD, angina and Asthma and in the middle of August he had a stroke so I put in a CofC at the end of August 2019 as told by the stroke nurse.
    My father had the F2F at home at the end of Nov 2019 and DWP got the report middle of December 2019.
    When I rang them end of the 8 weeks they say they’re gonna take I was told it’s taking 10-12 weeks but when I recently rang them up they’re now saying 12-14 weeks!!!
    I got the copy of my dads report and it was word for word what we told the Capita Nurse and she could see my dad was in no condition to look after himself or do any day to day activities. They’ve recommended Enhanced on both but now it’s a waiting game. I hope yours doesn’t take too long....??
  • Toffee
    Jay1969
    I see iam Liverpool 
    Choric anexity /depression
    Fibromyalgia 
    PTSD 
    COPD
    I will keep you all posted 
  • Jay1969
    @Toffee

UPDATE..

My dad got a phone call from DWP today (11-03-2020) and they have put him on the ENHANCED on both...
    Im over the moon as it’ll make my dads life that little bit easier getting about in a car etc.
    Its been 12 weeks 5 days from the time they got the report...

Hope this gives you a bit of an idea about your claim..??

• Toffee
    Awww so happy ? for u and your dad Jay1969 that's brilliant new and it does 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news @Jay1969!!! Thank you for letting us know. :)
    Scope

• Toffee
    Still no news for me :(
  • Jay1969
    @Toffee

Hopefully you’ll hear from them very soon. With all this CORONAVIRUS epidemic they’ll be short staffed which will also slow down the system.
    Hopefully not long now

• Toffee
    Oh I know Jay it's awfull hope u and your family stay safe 
  • Jay1969
    @toffee

You too.. look after yourself and your family.. be safe...❤️❤️
  • Toffee
    Hi all quick up date I have a telephone assessment today 
  • MangyWolf
    MangyWolf Posts: 40 Connected
    If you've had any medication changes since your last time they will try to pull 'new medication, so evidence suggests that this is now working, therefore 0 points' on you. Make sure you clearly tell them if whatever medications you take are not a 100% cure to your health problems and that you still face difficulties with the relevant day to day activities.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.