Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Looking for some help regarding a proper diagnosis.
I am a 44 year old female diagnosed with mild CP as a child in the 80’s. Oh the 80’s what a blessed time to be diagnosed... (note sarcasm). After initial diagnosis and tendon lengthening surgery, the consultant turned to my Mother and told her “ Take her home and forget about that she has CP, carry on as normal” Ahhh. Mister Consultant yes, she literally took you at your word and it was forgotten about. BUT.. what they hadn’t considered was the struggle with my Schooling, the Co-Ordination issues I have every day, Behavioural and Mental Health issues I was to suffer with my entire life. So with no support as a child, no actual proper diagnosis for ADHD and Mental Illness that has plagued me forever. I’m afraid I am one of the forgotten ones. My life right now is like living in Limbo. I’m agoraphobic and a recluse, I live in my bedroom, rarely getting out of bed. I feel so let down by family and professionals of late for the past, It leaves me jaded and frustrated. I don’t trust anyone anymore, especially the NHS. I don’t want this anymore. I am living like an animal! Not a human being!! It’s a living hell to be blunt. I’m really reaching out for some alternatives here. I have tried to be brief in this post.
If anyone can help me, please.
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 841 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 304 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 707 Chronic pain and pain management
- 719 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.