Change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Change of circumstances

azzgsw Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I put in for a change of circumstances with my pip on the 17/08/2019, I had a face to face assessment on the 5/11/2019. 16 weeks later I'm still waiting for a decision to be made. Called them today and they advised me it will take another 2-4wks. So in total I've waited over 6months for the whole thing to be sorted out, I think this is outrageous. I suffer with paranoid schizophrenia, panick attacks and anxiety. By the time they have looked into my claim it would have been 7months in total


  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,946 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @azzgsw and I'm sorry to hear the process is taking so long. Unfortunately, this is common and can be due to backlogs, etc. Have you asked for them to send you a copy of the report?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • azzgsw
    azzgsw Member Posts: 3 Listener
    No I have not asked them to send me a copy of my report should I have done this
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,946 Disability Gamechanger
    It's entirely up to you - it is common for claimants to ask for a copy :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @azzgsw and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear you have had a lengthy wait regarding your PIP and hope you don't have to wait too much longer.  Please let us know how you get on with this and if there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.