Not sure what to do PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not sure what to do PIP

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to be careful about ringing them for things like this because sometimes they will take that as a change of circumstances. Doubling your medication isn't in itself a change of condition that will affect your PIP award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anth22
    anth22 Community member Posts: 188 Courageous
    Thank you for that information poppy.
  • anth22
    It's been weeks now still heard nothing about my assessment do you think I should ring them and ask when roughly will my assessment be?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi you can call them but people are waiting 6 months or more for assessments and new claims are being done as a priority 
  • poppy123456
    anth22 said:
    It's been weeks now still heard nothing about my assessment do you think I should ring them and ask when roughly will my assessment be?

I note from another comment that you returned your forms in November 2021. As janer has correctly advised, waiting times are very long for a lot people. Another assessment is most likely needed because most have them. Timescales from start to finish is about 10 months, if it's anything less than that, it's a bonus. Once an appointment becomes available you will be contacted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • anth22
    Thank you both for your replies very much appreciated, one more question my PIP was extended until August 2022 if my PIP review is not sorted by then will they extend it again or will it just stop?
  • poppy123456
    If you've not had a decision nearer the time you will need to ring PIP and ask.
  • anth22
    I've rang pip and they said new claims are being given priority and my pip will continue until I'm called for an assessment which I'm relieved about as I was worried my pip would just stop in August. Thank you bekindalways for your kind words x
  • anth22
    Thank you x pip did say I'm having an assessment because I sent in so much evidence wish I haven't bothered now but I thought it would help the decision maker. 
  • poppy123456
    anth22 said:
    Thank you x pip did say I'm having an assessment because I sent in so much evidence wish I haven't bothered now but I thought it would help the decision maker. 

That's higly unlikely the reason why. If you were advised this when you rang PIP then they would have no idea why you need an assessment because you're ringing a call centre.
    Most people have assessments, paper based assessments are rare. Having said that, 75 pages of evidence is a lot to send. Less is often more.
  • anth22
    You can't win poppy you either don't send enough or you send to much my Dr's have given me a print out off all my on going treatments and meds the call centre said to send it in, what do you think shall I send it?
  • poppy123456
    You said you've already sent in 75 pages of evidence. You need to ask yourself will sending in further evidence be useful and does the evidence specifically state exactly how your conditions affect you? If it doesn't then don't send it. I honestly think you're over thinking this.
  • anth22
    I think your right poppy just my head is all over the place going into hospital shortly to have more biopsies to see if my tumour has released bad cells into my colon 🥺 life is so stressful half the time I don't know what I'm saying or doing and I really didn't think pip would put me through the stress off an assessment 🥺🥺.
  • poppy123456
    You should always expect another assessment for a review, this way if one is needed it's not too much of a shock. I expected another one for my assessment last year and thankfully had a paper based assessment. The only evidence i sent was a repeat prescription list and a letter from my OT stating the aids/adaptions i was given. The rest was anecdotal.
  • anth22
    Sent review form back in November 2021 and I've still not heard about when my assessment will be, its taken forever.
  • poppy123456
    It’s not unusual to have to wait this long, especially for reviews. Hopefully you’ll hear something soon.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.