PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How long do you take to get your money?

angheav256angheav256 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi I won my pip appeal phone pip they something about they could take back till 28 days I thought when you won it was your and how long do you take to get your back date money I so confused plz help 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Great news. It can take between 2-8 weeks sometimes longer to receive backdated money and about the same time to put an award into payment.

This is because DWP have the same chance we do to appeal the decision but to do this they must first ask for the statement of reasons and they have 1 month to request this. Once they receive it they must find the error in law before they can appeal the decision.

They sometimes request the statement of reasons but rarely appeal it. If they request it then it will delay you receiving backdated money and also delay putting your award into payment.

All you can do is wait but hopefully not much longer. DWP will contact you before paying what they owe you.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • AilsAils Member Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angheav256 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Congratulations on winning your PIP appeal!  It is nice to hear positive news regarding PIP.  I hope you don't have to wait too long on your backdated  payment and wish you well.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • SpidGhostSpidGhost Member Posts: 5 Listener
    mine will be 7 week next week so it could take quite a while but i have noticed some people get theres more early 
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,204 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Yes it is just a lottery how quick you get the back dated money, it depends on the back log in your area and also who the case manager is and their workload. They may have had a holiday or some time off during this time. I hope you are not waiting too much longer 
  • angheav256angheav256 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    I got my letter to day it say I should have my back payment by the 2 March it not take long at all that will be four weeks  really plz with that
  • soconfusedsoconfused Member Posts: 102 Courageous
    edited February 2020
    Yes that's good. I only won my appeal yesterday so I know I will also be waiting a while. Although I have seen some people have it within a week and some get the payment before the letter. Just for reference I will also update this post when I get my back pay. I had someone from the DWP at my Tribunal so I hope they don't appeal it as there wouldn't be much point. 
  • angheav256angheav256 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    I had someone from dwp they stop it and award me just after ten mins of me be in there the only judge done was make the claim long by a yr
  • bekindalwaysbekindalways Posts: 79 Member
    If how long will it take to get your money is the only thing people think about....  that is pretty scary. PIP is about who needs help (given or otherwise)  the 'money' is to help those who have to need help to do their daily activities.

Those who are awaiting payment differ from those who keep expecting it.  

Tbh  I am shocked that anyone on here would be asking when they get their money.  

Please try to be thankful that you were successful. 

The payment never was an important factor to me.  The means to provide me with additional support was.

To be totally honest.... people on here ....   and to be kind to everyone.... who ask about timescales for money, back payments,  really need to take a reality check.  

The payments are about 'help needed even if it isn't given' 

So i ask  that anyone who asks about money... maybe you are just applying for benefits with a for gone conclusion that one day you'll be found out for lying over the true level of your disabilities.

Scope.... I would ask please that comments of this nature get looked into. 

Xxx

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    @bekindalways one of the most asked questions on an internet forum is "how long does it take or when will the decision be made" When people ask those questions they aren't doing any harm in my opinion. Naturally if someone's had a Tribunal win they are going to want some idea how long it takes to receive the money that's owed to them.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • bekindalwaysbekindalways Posts: 79 Member
    Hello Jorge
    In all fairness, I really don't think that my username should have anything to do with my comment. I understand that people need their back payments, and yes I am lucky that payments were not a factor.  
    I also understand and respect that you have your own views on this and you have made them clear in your post.  As did I in my previous one.

I do wish you and others well in their own claims. I would however ask that you understand that some people have different views to your own. Xxx
This discussion has been closed.