How long do you take to get your money? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long do you take to get your money?

angheav256
angheav256 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I won my pip appeal phone pip they something about they could take back till 28 days I thought when you won it was your and how long do you take to get your back date money I so confused plz help 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,029 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Great news. It can take between 2-8 weeks sometimes longer to receive backdated money and about the same time to put an award into payment.

This is because DWP have the same chance we do to appeal the decision but to do this they must first ask for the statement of reasons and they have 1 month to request this. Once they receive it they must find the error in law before they can appeal the decision.

They sometimes request the statement of reasons but rarely appeal it. If they request it then it will delay you receiving backdated money and also delay putting your award into payment.

All you can do is wait but hopefully not much longer. DWP will contact you before paying what they owe you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angheav256 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Congratulations on winning your PIP appeal!  It is nice to hear positive news regarding PIP.  I hope you don't have to wait too long on your backdated  payment and wish you well.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • SpidGhost
    SpidGhost Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    mine will be 7 week next week so it could take quite a while but i have noticed some people get theres more early 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Yes it is just a lottery how quick you get the back dated money, it depends on the back log in your area and also who the case manager is and their workload. They may have had a holiday or some time off during this time. I hope you are not waiting too much longer 
  • angheav256
    I got my letter to day it say I should have my back payment by the 2 March it not take long at all that will be four weeks  really plz with that
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    edited February 2020
    Yes that's good. I only won my appeal yesterday so I know I will also be waiting a while. Although I have seen some people have it within a week and some get the payment before the letter. Just for reference I will also update this post when I get my back pay. I had someone from the DWP at my Tribunal so I hope they don't appeal it as there wouldn't be much point. 
  • angheav256
    I had someone from dwp they stop it and award me just after ten mins of me be in there the only judge done was make the claim long by a yr
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,029 Disability Gamechanger
    @bekindalways one of the most asked questions on an internet forum is "how long does it take or when will the decision be made" When people ask those questions they aren't doing any harm in my opinion. Naturally if someone's had a Tribunal win they are going to want some idea how long it takes to receive the money that's owed to them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.