Letter

claretre
claretre Community member Posts: 13 Listener
I've received a letter today saying they have all the info now to decide on my case was wondering how long about will I find out I started the claim in Nov and it's just dragged on my anxiety is threw the roof X.

Comments

• anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 340 Empowering
    I think it can vary in different areas, being usually around 6-8 weeks but i have heard of it being as long as 14 weeks in some areas that have big back logs.

What you can do is request a copy of the assessment report. That will give you a good idea of where points could be awarded. It is not the final decision as the decision maker has the final say but it will give a pretty good indication.

I am in the same position as you. This waiting is making me anxious and i am not even the claimant! I am waiting for my son. I can only imagine it must be much worse for you than for me.

Tagging @poppy123456 as she is an advisor on the forum. I think i have given you the right answer but poppy hopefully will confirm it and put it right if i have got anything wrong.

All the best and let's hope we both get the decisions we want - and quicky!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,690 Championing
    Thanks for the tag @anisty

HI @claretre the letter you received is a standard letter sent to everyone but it doesn't really mean anything and is quite a pointless letter. All is causes is more stress for those waiting for a decision.

There's no timescales for any decision and it could be anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer, even after you receive that letter.

You can request the assessment report as advised by anisty.

Hopefully you're not waiting too much longer.