Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I got Universal credit backdated money?

UncoupledSpyUncoupledSpy Member Posts: 17 Listener
I got a backpay over £2000 today and is strange     because I got put on LCWRA automatically when i went to the jobcentre today to verify my bank details went home and got paid. After last week tribunal hearing i Got backdated from November 2019 to February 2020. Got put on LCWRA automatically. Must be super lucky...and am not even entitled to ESA. 

Replies

• UncoupledSpyUncoupledSpy Member Posts: 17 Listener
    @poppy123456 please explain am really confused?
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    I'd contact DWP for an explanation if you say your not entitled to ESA as it could be error payment and you may have to pay it back. Better safe and sleep at night than have the worry of how am I going to repay. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    I really have no idea I’m sorry because I don’t know any of your circumstances. ESA is different to UC. You will need to ring DWP to ask what the backdated money is for. 
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    I think I know how. I claim ESA back in February i was put on support group but my ESA closed on October. I didn't get paid. I was not entitled to it. But they put me on LCWRA automatically 
    That will depend why you weren’t entitled to receive payments but it’s most likely the reason why. You would still need to ring if you want to know for sure because we could only guess here. 
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    I called DWP now. they say there's no reason to pay it back. They said if I think if I have been overpay? I said no. Thank God. 
    @poppy123456 I'm more than happy. They backdated me for my second claim in November 2019 not my first claim in February 2019, but can't complain. If am in LCWRA does that mean I don't have to report a fit note? 
    No fit notes are needed because you have been given LCWRA.
Sign in or join us to comment.