I got Universal credit backdated money? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I got Universal credit backdated money?

Options
UncoupledSpy
UncoupledSpy Community member Posts: 17 Listener
I got a backpay over £2000 today and is strange     because I got put on LCWRA automatically when i went to the jobcentre today to verify my bank details went home and got paid. After last week tribunal hearing i Got backdated from November 2019 to February 2020. Got put on LCWRA automatically. Must be super lucky...and am not even entitled to ESA. 

Comments

• UncoupledSpy
    Options
    @poppy123456 please explain am really confused?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd contact DWP for an explanation if you say your not entitled to ESA as it could be error payment and you may have to pay it back. Better safe and sleep at night than have the worry of how am I going to repay. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I really have no idea I’m sorry because I don’t know any of your circumstances. ESA is different to UC. You will need to ring DWP to ask what the backdated money is for. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • UncoupledSpy
    Options
    I think I know how. I claim ESA back in February i was put on support group but my ESA closed on October. I didn't get paid. I was not entitled to it. But they put me on LCWRA automatically 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That will depend why you weren’t entitled to receive payments but it’s most likely the reason why. You would still need to ring if you want to know for sure because we could only guess here. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • UncoupledSpy
    Options
    I called DWP now. they say there's no reason to pay it back. They said if I think if I have been overpay? I said no. Thank God. 
  • UncoupledSpy
    Options
    @poppy123456 I'm more than happy. They backdated me for my second claim in November 2019 not my first claim in February 2019, but can't complain. If am in LCWRA does that mean I don't have to report a fit note? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No fit notes are needed because you have been given LCWRA.
  • UncoupledSpy
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.