I am a male in my 50s and born with a disability. My right foot is a slightly different shape
and size to the left.
I have always bought 'normal shoes' from local retailers but
now feel that these are uncomfortable on my right foot and I am thinking of buying
some orthopaedic shoes.
Can anyone kindly recommend any good places to buy them
I did a quick 'Google search' and they seem quite expensive - in the region of approx. £500. Do you think I could get some sort of financial help to buy them?
Thanks in advance for your responses.
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 662 Work and employment
- 529 Education
- 972 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 928 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 250 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 590 Chronic pain and pain management
- 651 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 849 Mental health and wellbeing
- 288 Sensory impairments