Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Confused with this UC

Matchball22Matchball22 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2020 in Universal Credit
Totally confused hi Totally confused with this UC son disabled got first payment.On first meeting handed in a doctors letter stating unable to seek or do work for the unforesseable future. Handed sicknote later backdated to the 30th Jan till the 04th May. If LCWRA was awarded from when would my son expect this possibly? Is it Jan 30th or is it from July ? TIA

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Sorry but slightly confused here and it's not clearly exactly when the claim for UC started and what date he sent his first fit (sick) note. There's 3 full months assessment period waiting time and then if awarded it's paid from the 4th month of the claim.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Matchball22Matchball22 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you poppy
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem. He will need to be referred for a work capability assessment and then he'll be sent the forms to fill in and return with all his information and evidence to support his claim. A face to face assessment is most likely because most people have them.

If it takes longer than 3 months (some do) and he's awarded LCWRA then he'll be backdated any money owed.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Matchball22Matchball22 Member Posts: 3 Listener

I sent in several hospital reports from all six hospitals that he is under.Plus doctor’s recommendation regarding la k of work employability so hoping a f2f is not to stressful for him .
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,987 Disability Gamechanger
    The question would surely be what benefit, if any, he was on before claiming UC?
Sign in or join us to comment.