Confused with this UC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused with this UC

Options
Matchball22
Matchball22 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Totally confused hi Totally confused with this UC son disabled got first payment.On first meeting handed in a doctors letter stating unable to seek or do work for the unforesseable future. Handed sicknote later backdated to the 30th Jan till the 04th May. If LCWRA was awarded from when would my son expect this possibly? Is it Jan 30th or is it from July ? TIA

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Sorry but slightly confused here and it's not clearly exactly when the claim for UC started and what date he sent his first fit (sick) note. There's 3 full months assessment period waiting time and then if awarded it's paid from the 4th month of the claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matchball22
    Options
    Thank you poppy
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem. He will need to be referred for a work capability assessment and then he'll be sent the forms to fill in and return with all his information and evidence to support his claim. A face to face assessment is most likely because most people have them.

If it takes longer than 3 months (some do) and he's awarded LCWRA then he'll be backdated any money owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matchball22
    Options

I sent in several hospital reports from all six hospitals that he is under.Plus doctor’s recommendation regarding la k of work employability so hoping a f2f is not to stressful for him .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.