Not Awarded Mobility Element — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not Awarded Mobility Element

Options
Kazzab50
Kazzab50 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can anyone give me some advice please  I have been disabled all of my life I have Hydrcephalus which among other things limits my mobility before the government changed the benefits from DLA to PIP I was on the higher rate when it was changed I was awarded PIP with higher rate care & absolutely nothing for the mobility component which was appealed the decision was still the same we then appealed to the tribunal the form was returned at the end of December but I have heard nothing at all from them not even a acknowledgement  that they have recieved my appeal letter can anyone tell me if this is normal 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

That does seem to be rather a long time. I'd advise you to contact HMCTS to ask them, if they received your request.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Kazzab50 -Welcome to the community. I hope you get your query sorted when you contact HMCTS. Please do say if there's anything we can support you with too. :)
  • Kazzab50
    Options
    Thank you both
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Kazzab50. :)
    Scope

• Kazzab50
    Options
    Just a little update from my post yesterday my mum who is my carer phoned HMCTS & apparently  they recieved my appeal letter in the middle of January & a letter was supposed to have been sent out the same day I never received it though so another was sent out yesterday hopefully I will get it in the next few days  then it's just a stressful wait for my appeal date 
    Thank you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.