How to remove representative — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

How to remove representative

rbz
rbz Member Posts: 96 Courageous
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
During PIP Appeal I had an representative from Local Community Advice, but I am not happy with this person.
My case will go to Upper Tribunal, so I want that  the Appeal Service don't share any further information with this person.
How to restrict Appeal Service to send all further documents to representative from Community Advice?
This person already received copy of Reasons for Decision, but I want restrict  to send any further documents.

Comments

• Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    hi @rbz,

You can contact the Upper Tribunal on 020 7071 5662 and ask them to remove the representative from your case.

That should stop any further paperwork being sent to them.

There is also an email [email protected]

Do you have anyone else lined up to help you? There is a website called Advicelocal which is useful to try and find organisations that can help.

You could also contact your local law centre
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • rbz
    rbz Member Posts: 96 Courageous
    Thanks for information.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,565 Disability Gamechanger
    Please do let us know how you get on @rbz. :)
    Scope

• skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 172 Member
    hi @rbz,

You can contact the Upper Tribunal on 020 7071 5662 and ask them to remove the representative from your case.

That should stop any further paperwork being sent to them.

There is also an email [email protected]

Do you have anyone else lined up to help you? There is a website called Advicelocal which is useful to try and find organisations that can help.

You could also contact your local law centre
    Hi Joanne. The information you provide would be useful to me if I am selected to have to be reviewed for my PIP award.
    I have checked both the Law Clinic and the local organisations, There is no Law Centre within 90 miles and the choice of advice agencies is AgeUK and the CAB both of whom do not do representation.
    Any other suggestions, on the off chance that I will need them for appeal purposes would be gratefully received. Incidentally using both of those agencies was in my opinion a waste of everybody's time. On the one occasion that I used them years ago for an ESA claim all I ended up doing was repeating what I already knew where my difficulties.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I have posted a previous response on this thread but it hasn’t appeared in a timely manner. There is more to be done to change the representative than has been described. 
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to do a little more than described by @Joanne_Scope I’m afraid.

1 - you need to advise the agency concerned you no longer require their services. If you don’t do this then there is always the possibility a rep will contact HMCTS at some stage; ask where matters are up to and then get included in all correspondence from that point once again. Seen it happen multiple times.

2 - contact the UT but do so in writing else you’ll have no evidence of the request if things go wrong. 

3 - contact your local HMCTS and advise that although your case is going to UT you would like your rep removed from your case at their level. If you don’t do this bit and a win at UT takes you back to FTT then your local HMCTS will assume your old rep is still your rep and invite them and you to arrange a new hearing date. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.