Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Appeal won esa and uc can't decide if I can go back,on esa
Hi I really need help. I have been claiming esa since 2015 and we reassessed feb 2019 and found fit for work. I appealed and won my case a couple of weeks ago. I was doing permitted work with varible income average 5-8 hours a week. During the appeal period I claimed universal credit from day 1 but was told to either say I worked under 16 hours and be asked to look for work of 16 hours which i was not fit to do. Or say i worked 16 hours which they knew i did not and be classed as earning minimum wage 16 hours as a minimum regardless of what i actually earnt. I did the later and was then told I wasn't able to be awarded anything and 4 months later my claim closed and I was paid nothing. Now I have won my appeal esa say they can't pay me unless uc tell them i can go back to esa. and universal credit is saying esa has no contact and know nothing of an appeal and won't back pay me and I have no claim. Please help can I go back on esa. I was promised when I signed up to esa if I wasn't awarded anything I could reclaim esa if my appeal won. I am a out to go into debt and have no income and no back,payment from a year. Despite 4 phone calls I am told they will look into it within 48 hours but don't have any answers. Esa are happy for me to go back if uc says I can. Any advise is much appreciated. Thank you
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.