PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip review suspended?

deeds1970deeds1970 Member Posts: 11 Listener
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi,i received my PIP ar1 review form on the 23rd of march ,which has to be sent back by the 16th april.However the dwp on the 24th then published the the news of benefits process suspended for 3 months...
My query is should i post my ar1 form back ,or wait to see if i get a letter explaining the 3month benefit extension means i dont have to,or have i got to send back and it be paper review?
Regards
Paul
Tagged:

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    HI,

As you've received the form i would fill it in and return it., just in case. If an assessment is needed, it will either be paper based or a telephone assessment.

I received a work capability assessment form last week and that has to be filled in and returned, unless i hear any different.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,009 Disability Gamechanger
    There are no further assessment decisions taking place in these circumstances. Existing awards are being extended. 
    There are no further assessment decisions taking place in these circumstances. Existing awards are being extended. 

@mikehughescq i received a WCA form last week, what will happen about that please? Does it need to be filled in and returned still? A little difficult under the circumstances and i haven't heard from anyone about not needing to return it.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,009 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @mikehughescq
  • worried33worried33 Member Posts: 399 Pioneering
    I would still return it poppy, in all likelihood if they deem you to be required to have a f2f, then that assessment will be delayed by at least 3 months.
Sign in or join us to comment.