Not recognised for my disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not recognised for my disability

Deejustneeds1
Deejustneeds1 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I was awarded five yes ago Standard PIP. A few weeks ago got called into review. Two Y's ago my back became more painful and slowly made walking and standing unbearable.  I was going to get a wheel chair with the mobility section of PIP which I was certain would be awarded.
A lovely understanding assessment person I saw and left heard.
The report reader said NO. I use a crutch to steady myself. I do not go out other then to my G.P. The said no.
Appeal requested and now we have a virus.
So I am at home with asperger 30 yr old and my son left his supported living flat when P M locked down .He has cerebral  palsy and learning difficulties. 
We have many pets which my autistic  son see as friends. I am ser ching on line for supplies for three adults and much pet food.
I "helped" my son out financially before this hit and now overdrawn.. 
I felt mentally challenged at Christmas when son was section. It's been one kick in the teeth after the other. 
When will my needs be recognised. ?
I know this is complaining and nothing will come of it so why do I bother.
Hope you all stay well and safe.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.