When will I get a decision? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will I get a decision?

Monk667
Monk667 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had my assessment months ago and never got a single point. Since the appealed and say advisor from Marshal building. Telling me about ludicrous points system that no one seems to agree with. Anyways he told me few inside secrets that blew my mind. However I'm hoping it'll change soon as Scotland are being given the job of PIP Representatives, cannot get worse. Anyway took weeks more to tell me I've asked to have it overlooked???!!! I know that, it was me that appealed. The weeks later get text again saying a decision will be made. Magic roundabout comes to mind. Meanwhile I carry on struggling with many ailments with the grand total of £309 a month. Now with this crisis I'm restricted even more.when am I getting decision so I know when I can say goodbye to all my loved ones......

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,921 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm sorry but i'm not quite understanding what exactly your question is here. You applied for PIP but were refused, did you request the MR or Tribunal for that decision?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Monk667
    Its going to tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,921 Disability Gamechanger
    Due to the current conditions the scenario is that all tribunal venues are shut and there are no oral hearings at all. Telephone hearings commence with immediate effect but most likely those where you have a rep will be postponed until they can get the bandwidth and organisation to enable conference calls. In the remaining cases a judge will preview the papers and call the appellant around the time the hearing is listed. They may also make separate calls to the DQM and medical professionals who might otherwise have sat with them. Some cases will be decided on the papers only but consent would ordinarily be needed for that. My personal guess would be that the only ones decided on the papers will be those where people have either consented to a paper hearing already or they’re one of Ernie Ryder’s “no brainier” cases i.e. those which ought to have been decided in favour much earlier. 

I have no idea how long you will have to wait, i'm afraid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hello @Monk667 and a warm welcome to the community. I'm sorry your PIP application hasn't been successful and you're being kept waiting for a tribunal. Wait times were very long at the start of this year but were slowly falling. However with everything going on it's difficult to judge how much longer you may be kept waiting. 

I'm really sorry about how stressful you're finding the situation and the wait. I'm concerned about the last line of your message though and how you may be feeling. 

Do you have much in the way of support around you? While it's fair to say as a pan-disability charity our strengths lie more in the daily lives of disabled people, we are willing to seek extra support for you if you're interested. Please get in touch with us on community@scope.org.uk if you'd like us to look into it.

If you are having thoughts of harming yourself, it's really important you speak to someone qualified and able to help you with them. Please call Samaritans on 116 123 (email them at jo@samaritans.org) if you continue to have these thoughts. There's also some resources from Mind about suicidal feelings. Of course, if you do feel like you might be in danger, please seek medical attention.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Monk667
    Times are very hard and my diet requirements are very expensive. Been told this is best chance of me feeling better but with what I get now I cannot do that. Grass fed cattle,  no corn fed Chicken and other poultry. To eat as nature intended, rather that fake this, genetically modified this and farmed that. Tired all the time and my mental health is a nightmare. Just want to get confidence and energy levels back. Just want to be a normal yet average guy. My dream come true
  • Monk667
    By the way much thanks for welcome to Community. Don't get out much due to my problems but this lockdown means its practically none existent. We are all in same boat for a change.  Stay positive,  keep your hands clean and stop picking your nose, then eating it. Hygiene folks, basic stuff really and stay away from **** people and the really old. Haven't saw my parents in weeks. They are at big risk as 75 and one recovering from cancer and other has copd. Struggles to breathe any normal time.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Great to have you here @Monk667! Hope you are doing okay today.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.