Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Dissociation and Complex PTSD during Covid-19
I hope you’re all doing okay right now.
I admit I’m struggling. I have complex PTSD of which dissociation is one of the prominent symptoms. The world around us has changed so dramatically that I’m struggling to stay grounded, particularly in a world which everyone else feels is like a dream.
I’m dissociating much more frequently and more severely. Whole conversations are being lost, I’m losing time when I’m working (from home) and I’m not coping very well. None of the regular tools and skills I have are working at all.
Is anyone else in the same situation? Any wise words of advice?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.