Lost ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost ESA

Options
Bilton71
Bilton71 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My esa benefits were suspended 27th February 2020. Due to someone making a malicious accusation that I am having a relationship with my male housemate. 
Before I agreed for the housemate to move in with me I made all relevant phone calls to esa, housing ect and was advised it was OK as long as no monies exchanged hands and we cook and launder separately. 
Unfortunately I was in receipt of esa due to my poor health, degenerative osteoarthritis, C. O. P. D, Asthma, emphasema, I. B. S. and more recently diagnosed with fibro myalgia. 
At the change into the cold weather October time, everything became a challenge for me, cooking especially so my housemate has become caregiver to me which now has left me with no income. 
I have been suffering essential medication withdrawal, and spend everyday in bed as I have no energy for anything else. 
March 9th telephoned DWP and applied for Mandatory Reconcideration. 
Contacted department again on 16th and 17th March and there had been a mix up and my details had been passed to wrong department. 
I then contacted my local MP and today have received email informing me that due to the Corona virus outbreak the ESA were redeployed to assist with the additional UC they have received nationally and will remain open until an investigation has taken place, they are unable to confirm whether this can be completed by 14/05/2020 due to the outbreak and backlog of claiments needing support.
I understand these are unpresident times but I also need support, I AM ONE OF THE VULNERABLE but feel totally alone and not worth while! I already feel like that with all I have to battle on a daily basis, but now I feel I may as well go out and contract the dreaded virus and help the country get rid of someone who is worthless!!! 
Lynne Smith 
Tagged:

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 269 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @Bilton71 -  please never think you are worthless. Simply by posting here you have made a valued contribution to the community. Which we appreciate

Thank you so much for sharing and reaching out to us.

You may like to speak to our helpline who are experienced in the matter of benefits and see what options could be available to you either via email helpline@scope.org.uk or telephone 08088003333.

From what you have already with making contacts with your MP you are a fighter, so as a community we are here to help, support and guide you at this distressing time.

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bilton71 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear of everything you have went through so far.  As @Abdi_Scope has already said, you are certainly not worthless and have been very brave in reaching out to us and explaining what has happened.  These are very difficult times, but you are not alone so please do not think that as we are here to help and support you through this.  As @Abdi_Scope has advised, maybe it would be helpful to contact the Scope helpline to see what they can advise.  Meantime, please chat to us anytime you wish to as there will always be someone on here to listen.  We all help and support each other on the forum so you are amongst friends.  Please look after yourself and stay safe.  Also please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bilton71 - Welcome to this very supportive community of which you are now a valued member. I'm very sorry to read about the problems you're facing, but, by joining this group, please know you are not alone, & we will try to help you, &/or just 'be there' for you to talk to.
    Have you looked into whether you might be able to claim other benefits? Personal Independence Payment (PIP) comes to mind. So please do contact Scope with the details Abdi gave. This doesn't necessarily help your current situation, as a PIP claim could take months, again due to Coronovirus, but it would be worth looking into.
    There is additional info about help during this Coronavirus outbreak here on Scope which may also offer some practical help for now. See: view-source:https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/70134/information-and-support-during-coronavirus-covid-19
    I'm also concerned that you mention you are, 'suffering essential medication withdrawal.' Is this something you have been doing with a Drs. advice? As you're struggling, it might be worth getting in touch with your GP to see if they can help, tho this will probably now be a phone consultation. Your health is also so very important.
    As Ails says, please do let us know how you get on. We all wish you the best. :)

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are struggling @Bilton71. How are you doing today?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.