Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Recoveringrob!
I have always struggled with anxiety and panic attacks. I’m a bit strange because outwardly I appear confident and usually feel confident but sometimes something inside me happens and I can end up having a panic attack where my heart is absolutely racing, I’m struggling to breathe and I can’t speak. It only happens when I am speaking to a group of people and not all the time. Like I say sometimes I can feel confident but I always know it’s lurking in the background. It also can happen when I am on the phone especially if I know people can hear me, but again I can also be very confident on the phone. I really don’t know why it happens and it has always held me back in my life. I though I would join this group to see if there are other people like me and if we can help each other.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.