Weight loss thread - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Weight loss thread

Options

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @larkintimj :) Great work! Well done for managing to push through the mental and physical barriers- I imagine that can't have been easy at all. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • nutritionproject
    nutritionproject Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi @nutritionproject and welcome to the community. Just to let you know that we do not allow advertising on the community.
    I respectfully disagree, it was a free resource to help with weight management and healthy recipes. How is it any different than the screen shots posted further up the thread?
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,066 Pioneering
    Options
    how are your weight loss journeys now

i have just started prescription level - but very expensive - weight loss injections

im on a low carb 1400 calorie a day diet and ihave been having a cheat meal on sundays with dessert a roast and wine but thnk its derailing me

just bought some weights to do upper body exercise i cant walk because of bad knees so its all  i can do til i get a car in two months and can go swimming

• Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    What a stunning achievement! Well done ?
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    Anyone still on a weight loss journey how is it going

I've just started weight loss injections and lost half a stone in five days but it's v expensive
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am still trying to lose weight. I have about 5 more stone more to lose till I am at a healthy weight. 

Half a stone in 5 days is impressive. Well done.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    I've got 6 to lose started weight loss injections are you following a particular plan
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    No particular plan here I'm just trying to eat less and burn off more! :smiley:
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    Best of luck to you its not easy I get hungry dieting but not muvj choice lol
  • Chrissilk
    Chrissilk Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    I have found that cutting down on carbohydrates and fat help to bring weight down. Fill up on vegetables and some fruit, but not too much of the latter as fruit contains sugar. A good balanced diet, but don't count calories. Don't weigh yourself every day - once a week is quite enough. Slow weight loss is better, it gives the body a chance to adjust to a new regimen. And don't get upset  if you do lapse  occasionally. 
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    Week 2 complete on the weight loss injections and have lost 7 and a half pounds not fantastic but going in the right direction
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    I weighed myself today. I have lost 5 pounds in the last 7 days :)
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    thats fantastic 

im doing weight loss injections just starting my third week theyre not a magic bullet though

have you been doing anything specific
  • 66Mustang
    edited June 2021
    Options

I have just been having the normal 3 meals a day if I do a dog walk, if I don’t do a dog walk I have 2 meals

Also not been having snacks between meals
  • Durhamjaide
    Durhamjaide Scope Member Posts: 428 Courageous
    Options
    Hi I have to stick to 1200 I have got meal plans but it’s so difficult to loose weight especially with autism. 
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    I've put on an awful amount more since giving up on dieting but determined to start over just need to be dedicated it's not easy having very limited exercise options as well but getting a mobility car soon means I can get to the gym and swimming lessons which will be life changing. On holiday now and haven't dieted at all but it feels like my body is crying out for weight loss now
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Teddybear12 thanks for the encouraging words

@Geegeenumber1 I wouldn't be dieting while on holiday either, good for you

Just a quick update from my side as it's been a few months. As some will know I recently gave up excessive alcohol (I still enjoy a small amount within the recommended allowance) and to help me stop I started eating snacks again as I needed something nice in life to get me through the days. However, last Wednesday, I stopped eating the snacks too - today will be day 7 of eating no snacks AS WELL as drinking less alcohol. In the last 6 days I have lost 8 pounds which I think is unbelievable but shows how many calories I was getting from alcohol and snacks!!
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Hi I have to stick to 1200 I have got meal plans but it’s so difficult to loose weight especially with autism. 
    Why does autism make it harder to lose weight?

I am asking as I have autism and don't find it makes much difference, except perhaps that I can't get out on my own to exercise.

Just for clarity, I'm not doubting you, I am just intrigued as to how the condition has an effect. :)
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    No dieting on hols no Italian restaurant tonight but determind to lose when I get back. Well done on your weight loss
  • Durhamjaide
    Durhamjaide Scope Member Posts: 428 Courageous
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Why does autism make it harder to lose weight?

I am asking as I have autism and don't find it makes much difference, except perhaps that I can't get out on my own to exercise.

Just for clarity, I'm not doubting you, I am just intrigued as to how the condition has an effect. :)
    It’s because I have always had to watch my weight and I hate seeing people eating what I’m not supposed to have. If I’m out and my friend is getting cake I would have to get the same or if a group of us were all getting pizza o would have to do the same. Also I struggle with the word treat so I presume because it’s a treat I can have it and I have ended up putting weight on that way.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.