Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Mistake by DWP re length of PIP award
A friend of mine just found out that their PIP award is for a fixed period of three years, when the letter they received originally stated that the award was ongoing. They spoke to a Case Manager at PIP who advised that nothing could be done and the fixed period stands as she could do nothing to revise this as she couldn't change someone else's decision. Although she said it was a mistake by them she said all that can be done is that they raise a complaint to a team in Wales. My friend finds this wholly unfair as if they were given the correct info at the time they would have appealed against the length of the award but has now lost all right of appeal due to their mistake and the time that has passed since the award. Can anyone please offer any advice about this? Many thanks.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.