Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
ESA, Backpay and additional Enhanced Disability Premium, Blue Badge
Hi Everyone, I am hoping someone can advise on the following query. My husband has just been advised he has won his appeal for ESA and has gone from his dwp assessment of 0 points to 15 points and being placed in the support group. My questions are **Will he receive back pay to the date of his original assessment. I.e. week 14 or if not will he even receive any? **If he does will he be entitled to backpay for the additional higher rate of £113 as opposed to the £70 he was getting before. Also, **is he entitled to claim the additional Enhanced Disability Premium of roughly £17 per week or £25 because he is married, if so, **is he able to also claim backpay on this amount. lastly, **will he be able to obtain a blue badge based on his type of benefit, on the govt website it doesn’t mention ESA only PIP etc. Thank you in advance for any help you can give, much appreciated.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.