ESA, Backpay and additional Enhanced Disability Premium, Blue Badge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA, Backpay and additional Enhanced Disability Premium, Blue Badge

Options
Maxinus
Maxinus Community member Posts: 43 Connected
Hi Everyone,  I am hoping someone can advise on the following query.  My husband has just been advised he has won his appeal for ESA and has gone from his dwp assessment of 0 points to 15 points and being placed in the support group.  My questions are **Will he receive back pay to the date of his original assessment. I.e. week 14 or if not will he even receive any?  **If he does will he be entitled to backpay for the additional higher rate of £113 as opposed to the £70 he was getting before.  Also, **is he entitled to claim the additional Enhanced Disability Premium of roughly £17 per week or £25 because he is married, if so, **is he able to also claim backpay on this amount.    lastly, **will he be able to obtain a blue badge based on his type of benefit, on the govt website it doesn’t mention ESA only PIP etc.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give, much appreciated.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Maxinus, as far as getting any back payments owing this will all come in your award notification letter detailing the amounts and start and ongoing payment dates. Getting a blue badge without an award from PIP you will have to apply to your local issuing office and have your mobility needs assessed to see if you meet the criteria for having a blue badge. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.