A product that works every time for my suppurativa hidradenitis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A product that works every time for my suppurativa hidradenitis

astralflyer
astralflyer Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with suppurativa hidradenitis last year (2019) by a Dermatologist. I did not know I had it as I had gone for at least 10 years of intermittently getting large, very painful lumps under the arms, in the groin and in other skin folds. I thought they were boils as my father used to get them and I would sterilise a needle, use an ice cube to numb the skin area and **** the lump expressing the vile fluid for relief. It worked but I was always left with a scar. Last year, I had a lump near my armpit and pricking it did not work and I became concerned that it was skin cancer. I saw my GP and was sent to a Dermatologist after a punch biopsy and was diagnosed with suppurativa hidradenitis. An appointment was made to have it surgically cut out in his rooms but not until four weeks time. In the meantime, I had for many years been trialling different over-the-counter creams on my painful lumps that would appear intermittently with no success until I came upon DermaVeen Eczema Ointment. I tried this for the four weeks and my lump near my armpit went away, it healed up and when I saw my Dermatologist four weeks later for surgery, I did not have to have the surgery as it had healed up nicely. Since then, I have been getting a lump start to form every now and again and I just apply the Dermaveen Eczema Ointment once or twice in a 24-hour period and it heals magically with no scar. I was so happy with this, to not go through all that pain and possible surgery with scars to remove it. Just thought I would share this with you all. It is a horrible disease of the skin and oh boy do we suffer with it. Give it a try, I truly believe you will be happy with the results, my Dermatologist was flabbergasted to say the least. DermaVeen Eczema Ointment is relatively cheap and you can buy it in most chemists or online. Wishing you all nothing but the best. :-)

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Him@astralflyer - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining & sharing. We have had other members with Hidradenitis Suppurativa, & it does seem a very painful & difficult problem to treat. It's great you found something that works for you!
    Please look around the forum, visit our virtual 'Coffee lounge' (see the links on the right-hand side of our page) & chat here too! I hope you like being a part of this friendly & supportive community, & hope to see you around the forum. :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2020
    Hello @astralflyer    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this.   I hope the treatment is useful and helps.

Thank you for information. 

I have the following  may be useful support group for your condition.

https://www.hstrust.org

Please have a look around our website, lots of discussions, chat new friends.

We are a friendly community care and share.

Please if I can help with anything please ask.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • GiGixx
    GiGixx Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I cut out bread and potatoes and my HS went down a few stages. Please try eating cleaner and cutting out foods with a lot of flour and white potatoes. Good luck !!!
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @GiGixx :) This is quite an old thread, but thank you for sharing your tip! Please feel free to take a look through our list of recent discussions to see what our members are talking about right now. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.