PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP tribunal, what will happen?

2»

Replies

  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    They still legally have 28 days to appeal, but by the sound of it they probably won't in your girlfriends case.
    They wouldn't ask for her bank details if they were going to appeal 
  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Hi
    I want to appeal the dwp pip decision at the tribunal. I am very stressed and anxious about that as i have been awarded pip standard rate only for daily living for the first time with assessment decision then i apply for Mandatory reconsideration and i have been awarded enhanced rate on daily living only. Now I want to appeal as i deserve the mobility part but I heard that sometimes tribunal decision can take away which you already got. So my anxiety is sky high. Having physical conditions which are getting worse with more stress. Can anyone advise me something about that?

    Thank you
  • scouser77scouser77 Member Posts: 24 Listener
    Can I ask your reason you should get mobility . Do you suffer with any mobility problems !! Such as getting up the stairs .bathing . Walking how far pain what does your doctirs report say ..  You need to think about what you have . The tribunal is very tough they dont leave any stone unturned and there are 2 doctor's who'll quiz you about your reason's you think why .. I found it really nasty and horrible and I lost .they make you feel like your a thief or telling lie's just get all your report's together and have somebody with for support ..


  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    I have depression, anxiety, asthema, fibromyalgia and ME so my most conditions are like hidden disabilities so its hard sometimes to make people believe what are you trying to say. Well i have difficulty with walking due to severe exhaustion pain in joints shortness of breath and acid reflux  problems as well for which i am having my tests done by specialist I can’t go out on my own due to severe exhaustion, anxiety and depression my family help me with it. I tried explain everything in my telephone assessment but assessor was rushing me and making me say things which she wants me to say, she made me very anxious confuse and my anxiety was at maximum. I explained everything in MR so DWP gave me enhanced rate from standard for daily living but i think i am entitled to more but now very confused if I should go for appeal or not by risking what I already got after a long and stressful effort 😒
  • laurapeachlaurapeach Member Posts: 100 Courageous
    sehar said:
    I have depression, anxiety, asthema, fibromyalgia and ME so my most conditions are like hidden disabilities so its hard sometimes to make people believe what are you trying to say. Well i have difficulty with walking due to severe exhaustion pain in joints shortness of breath and acid reflux  problems as well for which i am having my tests done by specialist I can’t go out on my own due to severe exhaustion, anxiety and depression my family help me with it. I tried explain everything in my telephone assessment but assessor was rushing me and making me say things which she wants me to say, she made me very anxious confuse and my anxiety was at maximum. I explained everything in MR so DWP gave me enhanced rate from standard for daily living but i think i am entitled to more but now very confused if I should go for appeal or not by risking what I already got after a long and stressful effort 😒
    The Tribunal will warn you beforehand if you're at risk of losing what you already have and give you the option to withdraw your appeal. 

    I have M.E and I got Enhanced on both at Tribunal. You've done the hard work already with your MR so personally I would at least try. 
    Mum of one, I have M.E/CFS, POTS, Central Sensitization Syndrome and Joint Hypermobility Syndrome.
  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Bunch of thanks laurapeach. I feel little relax now. Just want to know little more how would they warn you to withdraw i mean it would be during hearing? And if there’s any advice being M.E patient to go well with appeal and questions. 
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 868 Pioneering
    Hi @sehar It maybe a good idea to get advice from welfare rights.

    I was awarded standard mobility and only 6 points for daily living, did MR got changed to enhanced mobility.
    Went to appeal and was awarded standard daily living.

    I was advised by welfare rights representative that the award I had been given would not be looked at again.

    Good luck 
  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Hi @Lou67
    so they took away enhanced mobility of you?
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 868 Pioneering
    Oh no I kept my mobility and was awarded standard daily living at appeal. 
  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Ok that’s good at least they award you better than dwp
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 868 Pioneering
    Oh definitely I was pleased enough with the standard daily living along with my mobility it’s a big help.

    It didn’t take long for my appeal hearing only 5 months as it’s by phone at the moment.
    I went through one in 2017 and it took roughly 18 months to get it.

    Fingers crossed for you 😊
  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Hopefully it hoes well with me too
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    Update still waiting for backdated payment and the letter telling her how much she's getting and how much backdated money  she be getting 
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 868 Pioneering
    Hopefully not to much longer to wait.

    I only waited over a week for my backdated money.
    But my friends son waited about 12 weeks.
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    Lou67 said:
    Hopefully not to much longer to wait.

    I only waited over a week for my backdated money.
    But my friends son waited about 12 weeks.
    I think she mite get it tuesday her backdated money but she still hasn't had her letter 
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 868 Pioneering
    Fingers crossed for you 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    Lou67 said:
    Fingers crossed for you 
    Yep I'm hoping she gets it tuesday 
  • scouser77scouser77 Member Posts: 24 Listener
    Hi kim 
    Finger's crossed your gf gets her cash maybe it will be with her next pip payment .
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    scouser77 said:
    Hi kim 
    Finger's crossed your gf gets her cash maybe it will be with her next pip payment .
    They wont put her backdated money in with her normally money they all ready said 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    Well still waiting for letter and they said the backed payment should be payed tuesday hopefully  just waiting on letter how much a mouth she getting 
  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Well normally letter comes next day of payment but that’s with dwp maybe it’s different with tribunal decision. 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    They said bakckdated payment goes in tuesday but I havent had letter of pip 
  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Yeah don’t worry if money comes in account on Tuesday then letter might arrive on Wednesday. Wait for it if money doesn’t come in Tuesday then contact them again 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    sehar said:
    Yeah don’t worry if money comes in account on Tuesday then letter might arrive on Wednesday. Wait for it if money doesn’t come in Tuesday then contact them again 
    They not going to say they going to backdated her payment on tuesday if they not going to do it and kk about the letter 
  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Yeah wait n then contact them again 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    sehar said:
    Yeah wait n then contact them again 
    They all ready said to her they going to pay her backdated money tuesday they wouldn't say it if they wasnt going to do it 
  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Yeah then nothing to worry its their procedure you will receive letter day after money come in account it happens to me two times with my backdated money. So tell her not to worry 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    sehar said:
    Yeah then nothing to worry its their procedure you will receive letter day after money come in account it happens to me two times with my backdated money. So tell her not to worry 
    Ok it's just she's been waiting two years for this It was a very stressful time 
  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Oh two years yea i can understand after been through so long its increases the anxiety more n make emotional when you see something like that but i hope she’ll be fine now she’s going get what she was entitled to. Only two more days 🤞🏻
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    sehar said:
    Oh two years yea i can understand after been through so long its increases the anxiety more n make emotional when you see something like that but i hope she’ll be fine now she’s going get what she was entitled to. Only two more days 🤞🏻
    Yeah cant wait to see her face and yeah since 2019 it's been a very long stressful and her depression and her anxiety is so bad right now its unreal 
  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Take her out fir walk n distract her attention n tell her she got it. I know m right in that phase now going go for appeal n don’t know too much about that trying contact to CAB but no help yet
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    sehar said:
    Take her out fir walk n distract her attention n tell her she got it. I know m right in that phase now going go for appeal n don’t know too much about that trying contact to CAB but no help yet
    She had to go through that with tribunal and all 
  • seharsehar Member Posts: 18 Listener
    I hope that they have awarded her for a long period of time so that she doesn’t has to go through all that near future. 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    sehar said:
    I hope that they have awarded her for a long period of time so that she doesn’t has to go through all that near future. 
    I hope so to I hope they do pay her on tuesday like they said  they wouldn't say it if they wasnt going to do it 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    scouser77 said:
    Hi kim 
    Finger's crossed your gf gets her cash maybe it will be with her next pip payment .


    Hi backdated payment dont go in with the pip payment I comes before that 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    Pip wouldn't say they paying the backdated money on tuesday and not do it they said to my gf that it was progressed and waiting to go out on the 9 of march 
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 868 Pioneering
    If it’s going out on the 9th, it will probably take 3 working days after that to clear in account.
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    Lou67 said:
    If it’s going out on the 9th, it will probably take 3 working days after that to clear in account.
    No they told my gf that they paying it in on the 9th not going out on that day they said they paying it in on the 9th 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    Lou67 said:
    If it’s going out on the 9th, it will probably take 3 working days after that to clear in account.
    No they told my gf that they paying it in on the 9th not going out on that day they said they paying it in on the 9th 
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 868 Pioneering
    Oh ok hopefully be in then.
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    Lou67 said:
    Oh ok hopefully be in then.
    It should be as they said it going to be paid in on tuesday they wouldn't lie 
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 868 Pioneering
    No they wouldn’t 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    My gf is so stressed out it is hard to help her out she thinks they ent going to pay her even tho they got her bank details and they they told her that they paying her backdated money on tuesday it's just been a long teo years scine 2019 I'll be glad when they pay her tuesday they wouldn't say they would if they wasnt going to pay her backdated money 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    I dont know wat to do my gf is counting the days in till she gets her backdated money they said they pay on tuesday ?
  • scouser77scouser77 Member Posts: 24 Listener
    Do what ever go out fresh air . A walk go to your local park look at the spring bulbs coming through . Dont sit on your pc wasting time .the decision has been made you got the best news .so start planning what you both can do .great news by the way .. 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
     
    scouser77 said:
    Do what ever go out fresh air . A walk go to your local park look at the spring bulbs coming through . Dont sit on your pc wasting time .the decision has been made you got the best news .so start planning what you both can do .great news by the way .. 
    We dont have a pc just waiting on the to pay her on tuesday as that's wat they said that the payment is going to be on tuesday  pip will not lie 
  • laurapeachlaurapeach Member Posts: 100 Courageous
    kim123 said:
     
    scouser77 said:
    Do what ever go out fresh air . A walk go to your local park look at the spring bulbs coming through . Dont sit on your pc wasting time .the decision has been made you got the best news .so start planning what you both can do .great news by the way .. 
    We dont have a pc just waiting on the to pay her on tuesday as that's wat they said that the payment is going to be on tuesday  pip will not lie 
    It's not about them lying, it might be that they will process the payment on Tuesday so it may not go in until Friday. Hopefully though in the next couple of days you'll get a letter with all of the details of backpay and the award she got.
    Mum of one, I have M.E/CFS, POTS, Central Sensitization Syndrome and Joint Hypermobility Syndrome.
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    kim123 said:
     
    scouser77 said:
    Do what ever go out fresh air . A walk go to your local park look at the spring bulbs coming through . Dont sit on your pc wasting time .the decision has been made you got the best news .so start planning what you both can do .great news by the way .. 
    We dont have a pc just waiting on the to pay her on tuesday as that's wat they said that the payment is going to be on tuesday  pip will not lie 
    It's not about them lying, it might be that they will process the payment on Tuesday so it may not go in until Friday. Hopefully though in the next couple of days you'll get a letter with all of the details of backpay and the award she got.
    They said they going to pay her on tuesday they wouldn't lie  about her getting her backdated payment on tuesday 
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 868 Pioneering
    What we mean is if the money is paid in on the Tuesday, it may need to wait 3 days to clear.
     But hopefully that’s not the case.
     
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    Lou67 said:
    What we mean is if the money is paid in on the Tuesday, it may need to wait 3 days to clear.
     But hopefully that’s not the case.
     
    They clear it days a go that's why they said she  be payed on tuesday the 9th 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    Lou67 said:
    What we mean is if the money is paid in on the Tuesday, it may need to wait 3 days to clear.
     But hopefully that’s not the case.
     
    They said it was progressed days a go and they said she will be payed on tuesday 
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 868 Pioneering
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    Lou67 said:
    Oh ok then 
    That's why I  said they said she be payed on tuesday as it was all ready processed 
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 868 Pioneering
    I’m only trying to give you advice.
    I really hope it’s in account on Tuesday.
  • laurapeachlaurapeach Member Posts: 100 Courageous
    I know it's a stressful time but you both just need to try and take your minds off it. If PIP have said she'll be paid on Tuesday then she'll be paid on Tuesday. You may or may not get a letter before that, it depends on how quick the post is. Congratulations to you both for winning the Tribunal :)
    Mum of one, I have M.E/CFS, POTS, Central Sensitization Syndrome and Joint Hypermobility Syndrome.
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    Lou67 said:
    I’m only trying to give you advice.
    I really hope it’s in account on Tuesday.
    I know that but they wouldn't say the processed it and that they paying her on tuesday 
  • kim123kim123 Member Posts: 75 Listener
    I know it's a stressful time but you both just need to try and take your minds off it. If PIP have said she'll be paid on Tuesday then she'll be paid on Tuesday. You may or may not get a letter before that, it depends on how quick the post is. Congratulations to you both for winning the Tribunal :)
    Thanks It was a long two years from 2019 in till now I be glad when it's all sored with payments and all so my gf can start being her slfe en 
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 868 Pioneering
    Hi @kim123
     Hope your girlfriends money went into the bank ok. 
  • scouser77scouser77 Member Posts: 24 Listener
    So looking at the Post's I gather your g/f is alot better today than yesterday .. Go and get something nice to eat and live like you should ..hope the long wait id finally over
Sign in or join us to comment.