How long do DWP have to reply to courts — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long do DWP have to reply to courts

Options
clare_1
clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
Hello all.

My question is this, if anyone can help.

How long do DWP have to reply to court about your appeal? First stage of court.

I have done everything right in getting things sorted in time. Done the appeal within the one month of MR being recived and I have managed to hand in my evidence to the court ( despite everything going on atm) on time. The date for that was the 23 March.

I am tracking the progress online and it Say's that the DWP had the same date to respond, but they haven't.
It also says that if DWP dose not respond by the 23 March, the courts will send them a reminder.
That the courts will let me know when they have heard back from DWP.

It dosen't say how much longer DWP can have to respond back to courts.

I know DWP are not doing F2F assessments ATM and that if I get a court date and this is still going on, they will do it over phone/ video call or just go by all evidance provided.

Thank you in advance for any reply, hope your all staying well and safe

Comments

• clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.

I have had to go to court before, this will be third time in doing so. I can't go out on my own so I always have in the past taken my mum, but my partner is coming with me this time. I'm not good with people I don't  know so that's why I have always taken who know me. Luckily I have won the last two times.

The online form is new to me and being able to track it is good because I never got to see progress when wrote in letter form.
    I never got updated before so that's why i asked how long PIP have to reply. So thank you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.