Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

LCWRA backdated?

David4577David4577 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2020 in Universal Credit
I was granted lcwra yesterday and I kinda know it gets back dated from your first sicknote but does it start from the beginning I'd the sicknote or just when it wa handed in any help appreciated thanks

Replies

• AilsAils Member Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @David4577 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm sorry, but I am unable to answer your questions, but other member of the forum or a one of the Scope Team may be best to advise you and if so, will post here.  I hope you find out the relevant information anyway.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,965 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @David4577 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'll ask a member of the Scope team to advise you. @Adrian_Scope please would you help here, thank you.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,926

Scope community team

Hello @David4577 and a warm welcome to the community.

It's a bit of a complicated one. The LCWRA element begins 3 full assessment periods after you first provide evidence to Universal Credit. So, say your fit note was dated February 2019, but you didn't tell UC you had it until March 2019, it wouldn't begin until March. The relevant period begins when you reported the change in health to UC and informed them of the fit note.

If you scroll back on your journal you should be able to see when your fit note and health condition was reported. If you can tell me this date, and what your assessment periods are, I can help calculate whether you'd be entitled to any backdating.

I hope that helps. 

(Thanks for the tag @chiarieds) :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.