LCWRA backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA backdated?

Options
David4577
David4577 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
I was granted lcwra yesterday and I kinda know it gets back dated from your first sicknote but does it start from the beginning I'd the sicknote or just when it wa handed in any help appreciated thanks

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @David4577 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm sorry, but I am unable to answer your questions, but other member of the forum or a one of the Scope Team may be best to advise you and if so, will post here.  I hope you find out the relevant information anyway.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @David4577 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'll ask a member of the Scope team to advise you. @Adrian_Scope please would you help here, thank you.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @David4577 and a warm welcome to the community.

It's a bit of a complicated one. The LCWRA element begins 3 full assessment periods after you first provide evidence to Universal Credit. So, say your fit note was dated February 2019, but you didn't tell UC you had it until March 2019, it wouldn't begin until March. The relevant period begins when you reported the change in health to UC and informed them of the fit note.

If you scroll back on your journal you should be able to see when your fit note and health condition was reported. If you can tell me this date, and what your assessment periods are, I can help calculate whether you'd be entitled to any backdating.

I hope that helps. 

(Thanks for the tag @chiarieds) :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.